Monday, February 4, 2008

And then, sometimes, this happens...

This is an actual email I sent to a friend:

I really wish you were online right now. actually, you're probably watching the superbowl aren't you? hmmm, another american tradition lost (to me, i mean).

well, i'm fine, but tonight i'm just having one of those nights when i feel kind of pensive/morose, and i really wish i had someone good here to talk to, just for a little while, so i could a couple of very general, not-immediately important life issue thoughts out of my brain so that i could sleep a little easier. I wish you were here. i wish anyone were online. ANYONE. I wish i lived in the same timezone as you or any of my other good friends so i could just pick up my cell phone (which my parents would be paying for), and call. i wish my good friends in spain weren't all studyign for exams, because i feel like i just can't be selfish right now and ask someone to just let me think out loud at them for 40 minutes. Right now, i feel really distant, and kind of sad about that. It'd be nice to have somebody over for dinner and a couple of beers sometime this week. its funny that something so simple is, like, totally out of the question for me right now.

anyway. thank you for reading my email. I hope the Pats kicked ass and you had a great time watching the game. I'm sure i'll get to talk to you this week, and I probably won't be in the same state of mind, don't worry. I guess I just wanted somebody that would care to know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Venimos querida!!! Y tambien venimos con una poquita de vodka polaca para ti... Hasta el Dia de San Valentín. Te amoooooooooo. :)