Thursday, February 14, 2008

CH-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES...

What a crazy month this is turning into...

I'M MOVING.

In March I'm leaving my apartment with Javi and Elodie (and Manolo) in Madrid and moving out to Villanueva de la CaƱada, the town that I work in. I'm really relieved about not having to commute every day (it's an hour each way at least), and though I've been hesitant to give up on living in the city, I really feel like I've been longing for a slower pace for a long time, and I might as well take a chance, try something new, and see if it works out. I mean, I had a few explicit goals for my life after college:
-invest time in reading books i wanted to read (self-education)
-invest in my own health/happiness by being active/excercising, cooking and eating well
and if since I was planning on being here in Spain:
-improve and practice my language skills as much as possible - take full advantage of being here

As of now, although things aren't bad with me, I also don't feel like I'm meeting any of these goals. ANY. I've tried, but the first two get dropped because the commuting takes all my time and energy, and when I arrive at home I don't even feel like talking to anyone, nevermind in Spanish.

This new apartment I am going to belongs to Mariola, a gym teacher and friend of mine at my school. She's a sweet person and has a beautiful apartment which she lives in by herself, though it has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. I'm so psyched to live with just one person, to be able to come home right after school and take a nap in the sunshine (which comes in through the window of the room that will be mine), to plop down on Mariola's awesome couch and chat with her and watch TV, or go to the gym (she goes every day). I feel like this is a choice that will bring me closer to a better quality of life -- at least for 4 months. As of now I still plan on moving into an apartment with my friend Virginia in September.

Anyway, I'm a little nervous about leaving everything I've set up for myself in this neighborhood in Madrid, but more than that, I'm relieved by and looking forward to having a situation in which I may be able to breather easier. We shall see...

1 comment:

annie... said...

Congrats Anna!! I'm proud of you!
Keep me updated.